Thanksgiving is a meal with so much complexity that you may just want to think about streamlining your
wine choices. We offer a “one wine” solution — versatile choices that go with everything — so you don’t have to stress! Here’s the shortlist that we mention:
- Off-dry Vouvray and off-dry Riesling
- Premier Cru Chablis
- Alsace whites — especially Riesling, Muscat, and Gewurztraminer
- Châteauneuf-du-Pape Blanc or Priorat Blanc
- Italian whites
- Bubbles! American Sparkling or Prosecco are fruitier and may be best
- Especially New World rosé that can stand up to the multitude of flavors
- Bubbly rosé is a great pick too
- Caveat Emptor, since red is less versatile for Thanksgiving. Pick something low in alcohol, low in tannin, and moderate in acidity
- Top picks: Beaujolais, Cabernet Franc
We also welcome our first sponsor — HelloFresh! HelloFresh is a meal kit delivery service that makes cooking fun and easy. Each week they create awesome recipes with step-by-step instructions that take about 30 minutes to cook. They give you all the ingredients in an awesome package with exact quantities you need. All the food is nutritionally balanced and it is darn tasty, as we will attest in the podcast.
If you want to try this amazing, easy service, you get $35 off when you enter the promo code WINE! Trust us, you won’t regret it! We are hooked after trying some of their tasty meals that got us out of our cooking rut.